The upcoming OCP Innovation webinar will bring together the experts of private companies (Aquatic Informatics and OTT Hydromet), government authorities (Nebraska Department of Natural Resources and Nebraska Water Management), and WMO Secretariat for a robust discussion on existing practices and technological opportunities for public-private collaboration to improve decision making during extreme flooding events. Extreme flooding events cause severe life and property losses. Integrated flood risk measurement, assessment, and management require closer engagement and collaboration between the public and private sectors. At the webinar, OTT Hydromet and Nebraska water management authorities will share their experience on how to better prepare for and reduce flood risks by bringing together the public- and private sectors’ resources and technological solutions. The Earth System Monitoring Division (ESM) of the WMO Secretariat will speak about WMO's support of innovative approaches in hydrometry and data management systems.
Date of event
- 15:00 CEST (13:00 UTC), Monday, 11 July 2022
- Online platform: ZOOM Where: 1.5-hour virtual webinar.
- Presentation by Aqua Informatics and OTT Hydromet (25 Minutes)
- Presentation by Nebraska DNR and Water Management (15 Minutes)
- Presentation by WMO Earth System Mmonitoring Division (20 Minutes)
- Q & A with the audience (30 Minutes)